Yup, I have a BA in English from Arizona State. Final GPA was 3.43, enough for Cum Laude honors. Now comes finding a job, which I hope to do by the end of the summer. Aiming for one in the Phoenix valley as I've grown quite attached to that area.
Now onto other things...
- I watched all of the Mad Max movies in preparation for the newest entry, Mad Max: Fury Road, which was fantastic. Even if most of the movie is one big chase, it's surprising how much variety goes into it. The "slow" moments are where one has to catch their breath, I say. Ranking them from highest to lowest, I'd go Fury Road, Road Warrior, the original, and then Beyond Thunderdome.
- Last night I watched Song of the Sea and then watched it again this morning before sending the disc back to Netflix. From the opening frames of animation to the bittersweet end, this movie was a joy to watch. Through two viewings there are minor nitpicks with the story, but those almost non-issues aside I have no problems with this movie. If I had seen it in 2014, it would have been my favorite movie of that year. The strongest of recommends.
- In preparation for the new Pixar movie Inside Out, I'm on a quest to watch all of the previous Pixar movies and record my thoughts on Letterboxd (mandatory plug: letterboxd.com/Hoagmaster/). There have been varying degrees of enjoyment, but so far my high bar is a tie between Toy Story 2 and The Incredibles while the lowest bar is Cars.
- I finished all of the main Ace Attorney games. A very enjoyable romp that took me nearly five months. Not sure if I'll pursue any of the other games right away, but I am glad I played them.
- I'm fully caught up on Steven Universe, which continues to be a delight. Entered the conversation for my favorite TV shows.
Well... Until a couple of weeks, I guess. E3 2015 is right around the corner!