- I've been speculating for a bit but now it's confirmed by the creator himself: Gravity Falls is ending after this season. It's certainly a bittersweet revelation, and all I'm wondering now is how exactly everything will conclude. I suppose we'll find out in the coming weeks. Come to think of it, last time a show I really enjoyed getting the ending announcement right before Thanksgiving was six years ago. (Mighty B!) Least I have many episodes of Steven Universe to look forward to.
- Speaking of Gravity Falls, I rented the 3DS title Legend of the Gnome Gemulets and cleared it in one go. It's a fine 2D platformer but I can really only recommend it to fans of the show. It's a slightly slower Rayman Origins with plenty of familiar sights from the show. Though I would certainly point at other offerings on the system before recommending this one.
- Thanks to eShop credit from a very kind friend, I was able to get the Puzzle & Dragons two-pack on the 3DS. Now that I know how to play the game, it's going much more smoothly.
- I watched three movies from 2015 in the past week: It Follows, a very strong recommend because of its atmosphere, plot, and soundtrack. I gave it five stars on Letterbox; Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2, the infamous movie/meme-bait that I give a very weak recommend and three stars to; and The Man from U.N.C.L.E., another solid spy film in a year packed with them, which I give a solid recommend and four stars. Four weeks until Star Wars: The Force Awakens...
- Work continues to be pleasant and informative. We had the office Thanksgiving potluck this week, which was very nice. Short week next week since the paper is printed a day early for the holiday.
- The family will be converging here in the coming week, so my mood may take a turn for the worse. I certainly hope to be able to weather the storm...
- Cardinals are 7-2 after a tense win the other night and host Cincinnati on Sunday night. Still slightly nervous.
That's that. Hoping you guys are having a swell week. If I don't talk to you again before next Thursday, may you have a happy Thanksgiving.